Mark 1:12-15

  Mark 1:12-15  NKJV

It came to pass in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 And immediately, coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a dove. 11 Then a voice came from heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

12 Immediately the Spirit drove Him into the wilderness. 13 And He was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan, and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered to Him.

14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark doesn’t have much to share about events that took place before Jesus began His ministry in Galiee.  His focus is more on Jesus forgiving sins, healing bodies/minds, delivering spirits (casting out demons), and preaching about the Kingdom.  And those are great things to share!

What I read thus far is that once God the Father anointed Jesus for His earthly ministry, the Holy Spirit directs Him to isolate himself in the wilderness for forty days.  Here He fasts and was tempted by Satan, and afterward, the angels came down to ministry to Him and help renew His strength.

What I learned from verses 12-15….

Ø  I can expect the adversary to tempt me to
turn my attention toward myself and away from God and the Kingdom. 

Ø  I can have victory over the adversary because I have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Ø  I can expect God to send His angels and/or Godly people to come alongside me and help renew my strength after a time of an attack (spiritual warfare).

Ø  I can expect that after an attack, God will have a mission prepared for me to accomplish and I can move forward in His authority.

Dear God, Preparation for Kingdom work is not easy, but I thank You for Your plan and purpose You have for my life and that You will never leave me nor forsake me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts